Playbook respects your right to privacy.
When you visit the PLAYBOOK, you remain anonymous. We will not provide any personal information to other companies or individuals without your permission. Some areas of our site may require registration. We don’t currently ask for any information beyond your schoolwide login credential. We will use any information we gather only to help us understand your needs and make PLAYBOOK more valuable for you. You may choose whether to access pages that require registration. We will always give you the option to elect not to receive additional information from us during the registration process.
Protecting your Privacy
PLAYBOOK takes every step possible to protect your privacy at all times. We use secure servers and protocol to encrypt all information. We also enable security measures to protect personal information in storage. We will not provide any personal information to other companies or individuals without your permission. PLAYBOOK provides links to YOUTUBE for video references. PLAYBOOK staff members review those sites to ensure their “safety”; however, because we do not control the Web sites, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party sites.
Who May Use our Services
You may use our Services only if you can form a binding contract with PLAYBOOK, and only in compliance with these Terms and all applicable laws.
Our License to You
Subject to these Terms and our policies (including the Acceptable Use Policy, Honor Code, course-specific eligibility requirements, and other terms), we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and revocable license to use our Services. You may download content from our Services only for your personal, non-commercial use, unless you obtain our written permission to otherwise use the content. You also agree that you will create, access, and/or use only one school-wide user account, unless expressly permitted by PLAYBOOK, and you will not share access to your account or access information for your account with any third party. Using our Services does not give you ownership of or any intellectual property rights in our Services or the content you access.
No Academic Credit
PLAYBOOK, instructors, and the associated PLAYBOOK Mentors have no obligation to have Content Offerings recognized by any educational institution or accreditation organization.
Disclaimer of Student-Content Provider Relationship
Nothing in these Terms or otherwise with respect to your participation in any Content Offerings by Playbook Mentors : (a) establishes any relationship between you and any Content Provider; (b) enrolls or registers you in any Content Provider institution, or in any Content Offering offered by any Content Provider institution; or (c) entitles you to use the resources of any Content Provider institution beyond participation in the Content Offering.
We welcome your suggestions, ideas, comments, and other feedback regarding the Services (“Feedback”). By submitting any Feedback, you grant us the right to use the Feedback without any restriction or any compensation to you. By accepting your Feedback, PLAYBOOK does not waive any rights to use similar or related Feedback previously known to PLAYBOOK, developed by our employees, contractors, or obtained from other sources.
We care about the security of our users. While we work to protect the security of your account and related information, PLAYBOOK cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security measures. Please notify us immediately of any compromise or unauthorized use of your account by emailing [email protected].
Third Party Content
Through the Services, you will have the ability to access and/or use content provided by instructors, other users, and/or other third parties and links to websites and services maintained by third parties. PLAYBOOK cannot guarantee that such third party content, in the Services or elsewhere, will be free of material you may find objectionable or otherwise inappropriate or of malware or other contaminants that may harm your computer, mobile device, or any files therein. PLAYBOOK disclaims any responsibility or liability related to your access or use of, or inability to access or use, such third party content.
Copyright and Trademark
PLAYBOOK respects the intellectual property rights of our users, Playbook Mentors, and other third parties and expects our users to do the same when using the Services. We have adopted and implemented the PLAYBOOK Copyright and Trademark Policy below in accordance with applicable law, including the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Modifying or Terminating our Services
We are constantly changing and improving our Services. We may add or remove functions, features, or requirements, and we may suspend or stop part of our Services altogether. Accordingly, PLAYBOOK may terminate your use of any Service for any reason. If your use of a paid Service is terminated, a refund may be available under our Refund Policy. We may not be able to deliver the Services to certain regions or countries for various reasons, including due to applicable export control requirements or internet access limitations and restrictions from governments. None of PLAYBOOK, its Playbook Mentors and instructors, its contributors, sponsors, and other business partners, and their employees, contractors, and other agents (the “PLAYBOOK Parties”) shall have any liability to you for any such action. You can stop using our Services at any time.
THE SERVICES AND ALL INCLUDED CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THE PLAYBOOK PARTIES SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. THE PLAYBOOK PARTIES FURTHER DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY RELATED TO YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF THE SERVICES OR ANY RELATED CONTENT. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SERVICES OR SUCH CONTENT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Limitation of Liability
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the PLAYBOOK Parties from any and all claims, liabilities, expenses, and damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, made by any third party related to: (a) your use or attempted use of the Services in violation of these Terms; (b) your violation of any law or rights of any third party; or (c) User Content, including without limitation any claim of infringement or misappropriation of intellectual property or other proprietary rights.
Governing Law and Venue
The Services are managed by PLAYBOOK, which is located in Los Angeles County, California. You agree that any dispute related to these Terms will be governed by the laws of the State of California, excluding its conflicts of law provisions. In the event of any dispute related to these Terms that is not subject to binding arbitration, you and PLAYBOOK will submit to the personal jurisdiction of and exclusive venue in the federal and state courts located in and serving Los Angeles County, California as the legal forum for any such dispute.
Revisions to the Terms
We reserve the right to revise the Terms at our sole discretion at any time. Any revisions to the Terms will be effective immediately upon posting by us. For any material changes to the Terms, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of such changes, via a banner on the website, email notification, another method, or combination of methods. In all cases, your continued use of the Services after publication of such changes, with or without notification, constitutes binding acceptance of the revised Terms.
If it turns out that a particular provision of these Terms is not enforceable, this will not affect any other terms. If you do not comply with these Terms, and we do not take immediate action, this does not indicate that we relinquish any rights that we may have (such as taking action in the future).
Notice for California Users
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California website users are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 N. Market Blvd., Suite S-202, Sacramento, California 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210.
Acceptable Use Policy
Effective: January 1, 2021
Our mission is to provide universal access to the world’s best music education. We also want to make sure that all of our users and instructors feel safe and comfortable while using our Services. We have drafted this policy to ensure that people understand and follow the rules when participating in our online community and otherwise using our Services.
You are prohibited from using our Services to share content that:
- Contains illegal content or promotes illegal activities with the intent to commit such activities. Please keep in mind that users who are as young as 13 use PLAYBOOK, and we do not allow content that is inappropriate for these younger users.
- Violates intellectual property, privacy, or other rights. Do not share content that you do not have the right to share, claim content that you did not create as your own, or otherwise infringe or misappropriate someone else’s intellectual property or other rights. Always attribute materials used or quoted by you to the original copyright owner.
- Spams others. Do not share irrelevant or inappropriate advertising, promotional, or solicitation content.
Please note that specific Content Offerings may have additional rules and requirements.
You also aren’t allowed to:
- Do anything that violates local, state, national, or international law or breaches any of your contractual obligations or fiduciary duties.
- Share your password, let anyone besides yourself access your account, or do anything that might put your account at risk.
- Attempt to access any other user’s account.
- Reproduce, transfer, sell, resell, or otherwise misuse any content from our Services, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of our systems, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Break or circumvent our authentication or security measures or otherwise test the vulnerability of our systems or networks, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Try to reverse engineer any portion of our Services.
- Try to interfere with any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, spamming, or mail-bombing.
- Use our Services to distribute malware.
- Use our Services or any functionality of the PLAYBOOK platform for anything other than for pedagogical purposes.
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
- Encourage or help anyone do any of the things on this list.
Copyright and Trademark Policy
Effective as of January 1, 2021.
PLAYBOOK respects the intellectual property rights of our Playbook Mentors, instructors, users, and other third parties and expects our users to do the same when using the Services. We reserve the right to suspend, disable, or terminate the accounts of users who repeatedly infringe or are repeatedly charged with infringing the copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights of others.
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you would like to read the DMCA, please visit the U.S. Copyright Office website at http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf.
If you believe in good faith that materials on the PLAYBOOK platform infringe your copyright, the DMCA provides that you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed or access to it blocked.
The notice must include the following information:
- the physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or, if multiple copyrighted works located on the platform are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works);
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow PLAYBOOK to locate the material on the platform;
- the name, address, telephone number, and email address (if available) of the complaining party;
- a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA. Notices and counter-notices with respect to the Services can either be sent:
- via mail: PLAYBOOK 12 Saddleback Rd Rolling Hills, CA 90274
- via email: [email protected]
We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice. Also, be aware that there can be penalties for false claims under the DMCA.
Effective as of January 1, 2021.
To get a full refund of your PLAYBOOK subscription payment, submit a refund request via the [email protected] within 14 days of your payment. Refunds will not be provided if requested after this 14-day period. Some PLAYBOOK subscriptions may have a free trial period instead of a refund period. If you do not cancel during the free trial, you will be billed the full amount for the subscription you signed up for and be unable to request a refund.
If you cancel your subscription after the refund period of your subscription, you will continue to have access until the end of the subscription period.
For Other Paid Services
Except as described in this Refund Policy or as explicitly stated as part of the sign-up process for a Service, PLAYBOOK has no obligation to provide refunds or vouchers for any other Services.